Top Gear 4x9
REVIEWS: Fiat Barchetta • Mercedes-Benz SL600 • Mazda MX-5 • Toyota MR2 • Jaguar X-Type Estate
CHALLENGE: May and Hammond search for the best convertible for a town with the least owned • Can you parachute into a moving car?
James finds out if it is possible to parachute into a moving car. Jeremy drives the new Jaguar X Type estate and on the Isle of Lewis and Harris – the place in the U.K. with the lowest number of cabriolet owners per-head – Richard and James test a range of cabriolets: the Mini Cabrio, Vauxhall Tigra, Mercedes SLK and the Audi S4.
Some “simple, softop sports cars” are also driven by Richard: the Mercedes SL600, Mazda MX5 and the Fiat Barchetta.
Top Gear season 4
- 4x1Rover CityRoverMay 09, 2004
- 4x4Car DartsMay 30, 2004
- 4x5Hammond Gets Struck by LightningJun 06, 2004
- 4x6Renault Clio 182, Jaguar XJS, Nissan CubeJun 13, 2004
- 4x7Mercedes CL 65 AMG, Spyker C8 SpyderJul 11, 2004
- 4x8Ford GT, Toyota Prius, Maserati QuattroporteJul 18, 2004
- 4x9Best ConvertibleJul 25, 2004
- 4x10The Olympic Long Jump ChallengeAug 01, 2004