Top Gear 3x5
The Hilux Won't Die
REVIEWS: Mazda RX-8 • Fiat Panda
CHALLENGE: Is a Toyota Hilux really indestructible?
Jeremy drives the Mazda RX8 and James drives the new Fiat Panda and is quite surprised when it doesn’t fall to bits. Richard looks at some modern classics, the Volkswagen Corrado VR6 and the Mercedes 190E 2.5 16 Cosworth. An 11-year-old diesel Toyota Hilux is tested for its durability by Jeremy. He drives in into a wall, a tree and through a shed. It’s left in the Severn Estuary, home to the second biggest tide in the world, hit with a wrecking ball, dropped and set on fire. They even drop a caravan on top of it, but still it works. Sadly, the same treatment wasn’t given to this week’s Star in a Reasonably Priced Car, Simon Cowell.
Top Gear season 3
- 3x1The Team Kills Off Old StigOct 26, 2003
- 3x2The Team Meets New StigNov 02, 2003
- 3x3Hammond Nearly DrownsNov 09, 2003
- 3x4The LambosNov 16, 2003
- 3x5The Hilux Won't DieNov 23, 2003
- 3x6The Hilux Still Won't DieDec 07, 2003
- 3x7The Big Boffin BurnoutDec 14, 2003
- 3x8The Top Gear Generation GameDec 21, 2003
- 3x9There's No Money LeftDec 28, 2003